Monash University Squash Club offers a range of benefits to our members. The Club provides a friendly and social environment to meet and play with other members, as well as significant savings (particularly for students) to play squash or racquetball.
A yearly membership, either Social or Pennant, has the following benefits:
- Special student memberships – Monash University students have access to significantly reduced fees to play either socially or competitively in a team. The Club also actively seeks to provide benefits that are student-oriented – these include convenient practice times for students, discounted court hire that can be used in between classes, student-led social events and tournaments, sponsorship of the University Games team, Committee leadership opportunities and much more.
- Free practice sessions – members have access to over 10 hours a week of free member practice sessions. If you played for an hour a week all year, that’s a saving of about $600 (assuming you played with a partner who took half the cost!). These sessions are allocated for members only and is a great way to meet other players and to improve.
- Discounted court hire – members receive 25% discount off court hire on weekdays before 5pm.
- Subsidised coaching – members have access to discounted coaching programs delivered by our advanced players and qualified coaches. Programs are developed for members and aim to develop skills for players of all levels.
- Tournaments – the Club runs social and handicapped tournaments throughout the year for members. Members also receive automatic entry to the annual Club Championships.
- Social events – members are also invited to squash related activities and social gatherings that are organised throughout the year.
- Free insurance cover – members are affiliated with Squash Australia, and as such, have access to cover and competitive rates which are designed to benefit clubs, coaches and members.
- Registration as a ‘Friend of SquashVic’ – the Club tries to give back to the sport that we love. Supporting SquashVic helps to ensure the provision of adequate squash facilities and initiatives for the future.
A Pennant membership also includes:
- Inclusion in a pennant team playing in a State or local (SSL/ESRA) league.
This membership is inclusive of all Pennant game fees.
This represents significant savings.
2016 Membership fees
|Monash University Students||$105||$165*|
|Monash University Staff/Alumni||$195||$285*|
*All players in metropolitan Pennant competitions (SSL, VSL, NWSL, Club Circuit, Masters and State Grade) will now be required to pay their Squash Vic fee online via the Squash Vic website.
To join the the Club, complete the online membership registration form.